002/CG01 - Charnwood Bottom Grate Bar
This is a cast iron bottom grate bar to suit a variety of different Charnwood stove models. This bottom grate bar slots into the carrier bars and supports the fuel in the bottom of your fire.
For smooth riddling, it is recommended that you replace the entire set of bottom grate bars. If you replace individual bars only - you may encounter riddling problems as the 'used' bars may have warped/stretched slightly, resulting in an uneven riddle.
Part Number: 002/CG01
DimensionsLength: 300mm | 11.8" (inches)
- Bay 5GT (5 in a full set)
- Country 8 MF MKI / MKII (11 in a full set)
- Country 12 MF MKI / MKII (14 in a full set)
- Country 14B (14 in a full set)
- Country 15B (14 in a full set)
- Country 16B MF / WB | MKI & MKII (14 in a full set)
- Cove 1 MKI / MKII (5 in a full set)
- Cove 1 SR (5 in a full set)
- CW20i (7 in a full set)
- CW40 / 40B (11 in a full set)
- CW45iB / 50iB (11 in a full set)
- CW50 / 50B (11 in a full set)
- DX20i MKI / MKII (7 in a full set)
- DX45iB / 50iB (11 in a full set)
- LA20i (7 in a full set)
- LA30i (7 in a full set)
- LA45iB / 50iB (11 in a full set)
- SLX20 (7 in a full set)
- SLX45 MKI / MKII (10 in a full set)
Firebars are also known as Grate Bars, Bottom Bars or Riddling Bars.
Fuel is placed on top of these bars for burning. There are usually studs on the top of a fire bar so that when they are riddled (turned), a gap is created for ash to fall through into a collection pan. These 'studs' create an almost seive effect and stop the parts of the fuel still active from falling through with the ash.
There are usually two different types of firebars in the bottom of appliances. These are known as High Lift & Low Lift bars (also known as Big End & Small End bars). If you imagine the top of a castle wall, the High Lift (small end) bars sit on the highest part of the wall, and the Low Lift (big end) bars sit on the low part of the wall.Over time, firebars tend to warp and stretch with the heat. If you replace only a few of your bars at a time, you run the risk of riddling problems. Your brand new bars may be slightly smaller than your 'used' bars that have warped and stretched with heat over time. This may cause your de-ashing mechanism to not move smoothly, or not move at all.
We offer free next working day delivery on all orders over £75 to UK Mainland addresses.
All spares and accessory orders to UK mainland addresses that are under £75 are still next day delivery but are subject to delivery charges based on the items size and weight. Please see below for more information on these costs.